March 14, 2013
A couple of weeks ago I was chatting with a girlfriend about hosting a party soon and it came to my mind to plan a good old fashioned tea party. Then I thought, well do women really like that sort of thing? Is it really old fashioned, do we even know how to have "proper" tea? I certainly don't, but I would love to learn!

Fast forward to the other evening I was meandering about the internet when I came across this vintage postcard of "The Old Ivy Cottage" and I wondered if it still existed in Nantucket, Massachusetts...
Vintage Inspired Outfits Backyard Tea
If I were to host a tea party I'd love to have tea in the backyard of this stunning ivy covered home amongst all those bright blossoms! Naturally my outfit would be inspired by modest styles from the 1950s and feminine details on a cardigan and sweet notes on the dress.

Would you attend a tea party?

Shop list here

8 comments:

  1. Oh course I would attend a tea party! When Alice in Wonderland came out in theaters I planned an elaborate tea party for my niece and her little friends. I even made cupcakes that said "eat me" _ told them the vanilla ones made them small, and the chocolate made them big :) They all wore adorable little dresses and the boys even wore bow ties! Eep!

    The Nautical Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I would :)
    But then, my daughter (9) attended one with a friend the other day, and I was a little jealous of the delicious looking spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to attend a local tea party! Complete with hats and, if I could convince my friends, gloves. It sounds so romantic and how often do ladies attend a proper tea these days? How could you resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whens the date?

    xoxo
    -jemima

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most definitely, any opportunity. A girl's gotta have someplace to wear her vintage tea dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few girlfriends and I regularly have tea parties. What better excuse is there to frock up and eat cake! xx Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your all collection is good..Tea party is not old fashioned, we can enjoy it any time when we have our friends...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee